In Episode 2 of Coffee Talk we catch up with Christopher and John, the manager and master roaster respectively at Glasgow’s Gordon Street Coffee, to discuss some different ways to prepare coffee and the ethics of fairly traded coffee.
Amongst the topics we discuss with in this episode are:
• How different coffees are prepared;
• The popularity of different coffees;
• How different coffee cultures introduce different variations;
• What trends are coming for coffee drinkers;
• The difference between Fairtrade coffee and fairly traded coffee;
• The benefit to coffee farmers of an ethical buying approach;
• The drawbacks of some fair trade schemes;
• John’s palate and how it affects the blends he produces.
Gordon Street Coffee are based in Glasgow and local listeners can find them in Central Station. For those a little further afield, you can keep up with the team on their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages or buy some of their coffee on the Gordon Street Coffee website.
You can subscribe to Coffee Talk on iTunes, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher or on your usual podcast app. Regardless of how you listen, it makes a huge difference if you can rate and review the show on iTunes, if you like it. We appreciate your support!