This is Coffee Talk, a new podcast for coffee lovers, enthusiasts and the coffee-curious. In Episode 1 we meet Christopher and John, the manager and master roaster respectively at Glasgow’s Gordon Street Coffee, to discuss some coffee basics and get to know them a little.
Amongst the topics we discuss with in this episode are:
• Christopher and John’s respective backgrounds in coffee;
• Popular ways to serve coffee;
• The coffees they serve and how they help to guide customers to the right coffee for them;
• What makes a master roaster?;
• How John chooses and buys beans for roasting;
• The ins and outs of the coffee roasting process;
• How the roasting of the coffee affects flavours;
• What Fairtrade coffee is and what that label represents.
Gordon Street Coffee are based in Glasgow and local listeners can find them in Central Station. For those a little further afield, you can keep up with the team on their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages or buy some of their coffee on the Gordon Street Coffee website.
You can subscribe to Coffee Talk on iTunes, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher or on your usual podcast app. Regardless of how you listen, it makes a huge difference if you can rate and review the show on iTunes, if you like it. We appreciate your support!